I’m a girl who loves color, and I will be adventurous at times, but let’s face it…there is nothing more chic than wearing black. These are my very favorite black wardrobe staples and they are my closet heroes!
Blog reading tip: You can hover over all images (including the collage picture) and click each picture to take you to the shop-able site.
MY FAVORITE BLACK CLOSET STAPLES:
1. Mule– Mules have been trending in a big way. This particular style is elongating to the leg, super comfy and the perfect height. Mules look great with pants (all lengths), dresses and skirts. If you do not own a pair of black mules, I suggest adding some to your closet. Close-toed mules are perfect for every season.
2. Coated Kick Flare Jeans– These coated, cropped jeans have day and night versatility! They look super cute with a simple tee and sneakers or dressed up with pumps or booties for meetings, dates or GNO. You will see me wearing these in a blog post very soon. These were sold out and then re-stocked again. BIG SELLERS! Also available here.
3. Trench Coat– Hands down, the most worn item in my closet! This trench is timeless, classic and one item every woman should own. The price on this one is very reasonable!
4. Draped Silk Blouse– This blouse is the perfect wear alone or layering piece under jackets. The v-neck is flattering and the split front hem gives it some cool. Plus it comes in white and ivory too! I also love the long sleeve version. I wear this blouse with jeans, black pants/skirts and will wear it with white for spring.
5. Flared Sleeve Dress– This is my favorite black dress right now because of the beautiful flared sleeves. This beauty has just been marked down 40% off! Every woman needs to have a beautiful, good fitting black dress in her closet. I’ve linked some other beautiful options if you need some updating inspiration.
SHOP BLACK DRESSES:
6. 5050 Boot– By far, my most worn and loved boot I have ever owned is the 5050 boot! Yes, you will splurge a little bit for this boot, but when I tell you it is the chicest, most comfortable boot ever…I mean it! I have had mine for years and they still look gorgeous! When you consider CPW (cost per wear) the price really isn’t bad considering this boot will be timeless. The iconic 5050 boots are instantly recognizable with a distinctive just-over-the-knee front shaft. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!
7. Gucci Belt– I know…another splurge…but you have to consider cost per wear. I literally wear my black Gucci belt almost every single day, which in the long run, is a great investment because I will have years and years of wear and enjoyment.
8. Black Blazer– The scuba fabric on this insanely beautiful blazer makes it a true investment piece. A black blazer is just a staple that you need in your closet. It is timeless, elegant and classic. This sleek black blazer is a budget friendly option.
SHOP BLACK BLAZERS:
9. Turtleneck– This one is perfect because it works as a true turtleneck, but has some interest in the back to be a gorgeous statement piece. Audrey Hepburn was the epitome of style in her iconic black turtleneck. This is a great sleeveless option.
10. Twill Pants– These are classic, timeless black pants and I have worn the heck out of them. They have a pin tuck down the front seams and are very elongating and slimming. The skinny legs allow for most any shoe and have been a true workhorse in my closet. If you do not have a pair of good, well tailored pants in your closet that you love to wear, invest in some now.
SHOP BLACK PANTS:
11. Strappy Sandal– Another SW favorite! This black suede sandal is minimalist and chic but very comfortable. I love it for the versatility…perfect with a cocktail dress or ripped jeans and a tee. These and these are some budget friendly options.
12. Silk Skirt– I discovered the Anine Bing brand very recently. I love her versatile pieces that blend elements of classic menswear with a soft, feminine touch. I fell in love with this skirt online and fell even more in love with it once it arrived. It sold out quickly but is now re-stocked so I am finally sharing it with all of you and it will be coming to a blog post very soon. It has a midi-length and mermaid silhouette so it is super flattering. Dress it up, dress it down and grab one NOW. Vince makes a similar one in three colors for about the same price.
13. The Pump– This suede pump has a contrasting leather heel and its only 2.75″ so super comfy…Plus…it is 50% off! A black pump is a classic that every woman should own. I recently ordered these block heel, snake textured black pumps that I know will be a great spring staple.
SHOP BLACK PUMPS:
I hope to see you looking chic in your black!
~ SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER TO GET ALL THE LATEST ~
~ SHOP MY INSTAGRAM LOOKS AT MY INSTAGRAM SHOP ~
Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by~ XOXO