Nothing says spring and summer like the fresh, beautiful quintessential fabric of linen. Foxcroft has just released a gorgeous new linen collection of blouses and pants in fabulous silhouettes and colors.
I’m sharing my 5 tips on how to wear this easy breezy fabric. Plus, Foxcroft is offering 25% off your order on their linen collection.
Foxcroft, known for their crisp, clean and classic collections, has just released their new linen collection of blouses and pants in an array of beautiful colors. Foxcroft considers tailoring an art. From pattern making to model fittings to small-batch production, they take pride in a fit that is both flattering and easy to wear. Foxcroft linen tops come in Missy and Plus sizing while their linen pants come in Petite, Missy and Plus.
I’m wearing the Liberty 3/4 length sleeve tunic in Flamingo. I love the kimono-inspired design, button details from the hem and the open johnny collar. This beautiful tunic comes in eight colors. I have it styled here over white skinny jeans but it would be so cute worn layered over a simple tee or even as a bathing suit cover-up. For size reference I am wearing a 6.
I always like to replace my white blouse each season and this white Journey relaxed fit linen shirt was just what I was looking for. This is truly the quintessential linen shirt that every woman needs in her closet. It is perfect worn tucked into jeans or with wide legged pants, but could also be tied at the waist with a skirt or over a dress. This shirt also comes in eight colors and for size reference I am wearing a 6.
Please check out the Foxcroft Linen Collection and use CODE: FOXTRULY for 25% off your order.
5 TIPS ON HOW TO WEAR LINEN
- NO BOXY PIECES– This is probably the number one style tip for wearing linen. If wearing a linen tunic, look for one that has a pretty drape like the Foxcroft Liberty or Ibiza tunic. If wearing a relaxed fit linen shirt like the Journey shirt, tuck it in or tie it at the waist. Wearing anything too boxy makes your shape appear boxy.
- EMBRACE THE WRINKLES– Linen creases, period. Consider it a character flaw if you must, but most fashionistas have embraced the casual elegance and fluidity of the fabric’s character and charm. The creases are part of it and those creases make it the perfect resort wear. On holidays you are relaxed and you do not need to look all tailored and polished, so wear linen joyously and make peace with the crease! TIP: It is best not to starch and iron your linen, but to steam the wrinkles out of the garment.
- KEEP YOUR LOOK LIGHT AND AIRY– Linen is meant to be summery. Do not style your linen with fall and winter fabrics. It should only be worn with spring and summer fabrics in neutral palettes like earth tones and pastels.
- DRESS IT UP– Although linen is meant to be worn on the more casual side, do not be afraid to dress it up and when styled correctly can look very polished for work or a dressy event. Roll up the sleeves of your linen blazer or button down blouse to help hide the creases that form around the elbows. Linen pants such as the Livingston pant would be beautiful with a white blazer for a work event.
- GO CASUAL– Linen can be worn casually so many ways. A simple linen tee with jeans or chinos is so chic. A linen tunic is great for layering when the evenings cool down and looks elegant and effortlessly stylish. Pair your tunic with a sunhat and straw bag and worn over jeans or shorts or as a swimsuit coverup.
WHY WEAR LINEN?
Linen is a remarkable fabric for so many reasons:
- linen is made from flax, and uses the entire flax plant, meaning little to no waste;
- flax grows naturally and requires less water and fewer pesticides than cotton, making it a more eco-friendly fabric;
- the manufacture of linen requires relatively little water;
- flax is a natural fibre, so linen is recyclable and biodegradable;
- linen lasts longer than other fabrics;
- linen is made of larger fibres, so it’s a very open fabric which disperses and releases heat, thus reducing the surface temperature of your skin. The perfect summer fabric.
Thank you to Foxcroft for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
~ If you have any questions about this look or how to style anything in your closet, do not hesitate to ask me HERE ~
~ SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER TO GET ALL THE LATEST ~
~ SHOP MY INSTAGRAM LOOKS AT MY INSTAGRAM SHOP ~
Thank you for stopping by~XOXO