It’s my 1 year BLOG anniversary! Today I am celebrating the launch of Truly Megan Blog. I can’t believe how this year has flown by. Time sure does fly when you are having fun!
Thank you to all of my amazing readers who inspire me every day to produce fashion, beauty and lifestyle content to share with you.
I thought it would be fun to share a few facts about me. Plus, I’m featuring this totally gorgeous pink tulle skirt and how to style a tulle skirt for any event or occasion.
1st Year Fashion Blog Anniversary
I cannot thank you enough for continuing to subscribe and read my blog! Many of you have been with me from day one and others have found me on social media. Seriously though, thank you for subscribing, following on social media, commenting, liking pictures, purchasing through my links and letting me land in your inbox a couple of days each week. I am TRULY GRATEFUL!
Your continued support allows me to do what I love every single day and that is such an amazing gift!
A Few Facts About Me
- I grew up on the US/Mexico border in Harlingen, TX and lived there for 18 years until I left for college. One thing I regret is not embracing the Spanish language and have since lost what I could speak/understand.
- I went to TEXAS A&M and majored in marketing.
- Upon graduation, I decided I needed to see the world. I was hired as a Flight Attendant for American Airlines and flew for the airline from 1988 – 2001. I ‘retired’ after having my third son shortly after the tragic events of 9/11. I was on maternity leave on that awful day and so fortunate I wasn’t flying.
- I have been married to my husband Don for 26 years. We have three boys; Matthew (23), Cade (20) and Campbell (18).
- I follow a Keto diet (during the week) but allow myself grace on the weekends…that includes tex-me and a margarita or rosé wine…my faves!
- I have been in the fashion industry for 17 years as a stylist, coach, trainer and manager for The WORTH Collection. I now blog full time and continue my styling business.
- I am a believer in Jesus Christ and He comes first, others second and #imthird. My favorite scripture is Proverbs 3:5-6.
What I’m Wearing
Today’s celebration called for the prettiest pink tulle skirt! ChicWish has the best selection and prices. I knew this $39 skirt (on sale!) would be the perfect look for my one year blog anniversary photo shoot. It has just the right amount of girly charm but can be styled edgy and chic as well. It also comes in black. My silk wrap blouse is old, but I have found several similar options in the shop bar below.
SHOP MY LOOK:
How To Style A Tulle Skirt
The tulle skirt isn’t just for childhood dress up anymore. It has become an iconic street style look made most famous by Carrie Bradshaw. I purchased my first tulle skirt last year (see my Valentine Post). I’m always looking for ways to transform pieces into wearable daytime to evening looks, and the tulle skirt might be the most fun one yet!
1.) Make tulle edgy with a graphic tee and chic leather jacket. This pink jacket is gorgeous!
2.) Go vintage with cat-eye sunglasses and a lace top.
3.) Have a casual day by tucking in a chambray shirt or wear a white tee with a denim jacket and your sneakers.
4.) Get fall vibes by layering a soft, cozy sweater with your skirt.
5.) Look Parisian chic by wearing a stripe tee with your tulle skirt and an adorable bow belt.
6.) Add a faux fur jacket for cool texture.
7.) Add a metallic blouse for a night on the town.
What is your favorite way to style a tulle skirt?
~ If you have any questions about these looks or how to style anything in your closet, do not hesitate to ask me HERE ~
~ SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER TO GET ALL THE LATEST ~
~ SHOP MY INSTAGRAM LOOKS AT MY INSTAGRAM SHOP ~
Thank you for stopping by~ XOXO