There’s nothing I love more than keeping things simple and effortless, especially in the summertime. As the weather heats up, I find myself reaching for simple pieces more and more…one of my favorites being this white linen shirt. What makes linen so special is how comfortable it is to wear in the heat, how versatile it is, and how beautiful! I also can’t resist wearing a beautiful summer floral print at any opportunity so today I’ve married two of my summer faves!
If you don’t own a white linen shirt, I highly recommend adding one to your wardrobe and the BEST one without question is by Grayson. It’s the HERO Button Up in classic white (although it does come in 5 additional colors) and you’ll find yourself wearing this one on repeat all summer long…plus it just gets better with every wash!
The best part…you can save $25 off at Grayson with my code: MEGANSAUSTAD. I’ve got all the details on my outfit at the bottom of this post and you’ll want to know about these cooling pearls I’m wearing!
5 Tips: How To Wear A White Linen Shirt
1. NO BOXY PIECES– This is probably the number one style tip for wearing linen. If your linen shirt is too boxy, it will make your shape appear boxy and frumpy. Always tuck your linen shirt in (or do a half tuck), tie it at the waist or layer it over more fitted pieces.
2. EMBRACE THE WRINKLES– Linen creases, period. Consider it a character flaw if you must, but most fashionistas have embraced the casual elegance and fluidity of the fabric’s character and charm. The creases are part of it and those creases make it the perfect resort wear. On vacations you are relaxed and you do not need to look all tailored and polished, so wear linen joyously and make peace with the crease! TIP: It is best not to starch and iron your linen, but to steam the wrinkles out of the garment.
3. KEEP YOUR LOOK LIGHT AND AIRY– Linen is meant to be summery. Do not style your linen with fall and winter fabrics. It should only be worn with spring and summer fabrics. I suggest either earth tones, pretty pastels, bright floral prints…really any print that feel summery to you.
4. DRESS IT UP– Although linen is meant to be worn on the more casual side, do not be afraid to dress it up and when styled correctly can look very polished for work or a dressy event. I love wearing my linen shirt with a fun skirt as I’m showing here or over a dress and tied at the waist.
5. GO CASUAL– Linen can be worn casually so many ways. Worn with jeans or khakis is a no fail outfit look. A linen shirt is great for layering when the evenings cool down and looks elegant and effortlessly stylish. Pair your shirt with a sunhat and straw bag and worn over jeans or shorts or as a swimsuit coverup.
WHY WEAR LINEN?
Linen is a remarkable fabric for so many reasons:
- linen is made from flax, and uses the entire flax plant, meaning little to no waste;
- flax grows naturally and requires less water and fewer pesticides than cotton, making it a more eco-friendly fabric;
- the manufacture of linen requires relatively little water;
- flax is a natural fibre, so linen is recyclable and biodegradable;
- linen lasts longer than other fabrics;
- linen is made of larger fibers, so it’s a very open fabric which disperses and releases heat, thus reducing the surface temperature of your skin making it the PERFECT summer fabric
Grayson White Linen Shirt in tumbled linen ($148) – A signature style in the most delicious linen that just gets better with each wash. I’m wearing a size 2 for reference. Save $25 off your Grayson order with Code: MEGANSAUSTAD.
Floral Chiffon Maxi Skirt ($45) – A perfect summer skirt to dress up or down. I’m wearing a size SMALL.
Sarah Flint Grear Sandals ($265) – I’m absolutely obsessed with this brand not only for their beauty, but their extreme comfort. Made in Italy, sold direct to consumer so no designer mark-ups, Sarah Flint will quickly become your new faves! The Grear Sandal comes in 5 colors and is constructed on the Amalfi Coast in the traditional Capri style. Save $50 off your first pair when you use my Code: SARAHFLINT-BATRULYMEGAN
Straw Fedora ($25) – This darling hat comes in over 20 color combos, has UPF 50 and can you believe the price?!?
Sunnies ($176) – These Rayban square frames look good on everyone and come in 4 color combos.
Hot Girls Pearls ($75+)These super fun and clever pearls can keep you cool on a hot day. Hot flashes…no problem! Just pop your pearls in the freezer for about 4 hours and wear them for as long as you like. Repeat!
Pin This Image:
~ If you have any questions regarding this post, fashion or beauty recommendations, do not hesitate to ask me HERE ~
~ SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER TO GET ALL THE LATEST ~
~ SHOP MY INSTAGRAM LOOKS AT MY INSTAGRAM SHOP ~
~ THE EASIEST WAY TO SHOP BY LOOKS IS BY DOWNLOADING THE LIKETOKNOW.IT APP AND FOLLOW ME ON IT BY CLICKING HERE ~
Thank you for stopping by~XOXO