Good morning and happy Thursday! I’m off to hear my good friend Mary Meier Evans speak. Mary runs an amazing travel blog called ‘The Curious Cowgirl’ and she offers wonderful travel guides for New York, Rome and Paris plus an array of travel services. Check out The Curious Cowgirl Blog and subscribe to stay in the know for all things travel!
Graphic tees are a big trend in the fashion world right now and in today’s post I’m sharing a fresh summer look featuring a fun, but subtle graphic tee plus why you should have at least one graphic tee in your wardrobe. I’m also showing you eight ways to wear this fun trend that will have you looking cool and glam in a pinch.
Plus, the much anticipated Nordstrom Anniversary Sale starts next month and I’ve got the 411 on what, when and how to prepare for this epic sale so be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post.
GRAPHIC TEES: THEY AREN’T YOUR DAUGHTER’S TEES ANYMORE
Your beloved throw on and go graphic tee shirts are getting dressed up! The fashion world is loving all things graphic tees and you’ll see these pieces paired with printed skirts, sleek trousers, and even pantsuits…high-low looks that can go from work to play. Graphic tees are comfortable, versatile and downright cool! We are seeing everything from simple words to rocker tees. Shop for graphic tees at Nordstrom, Shopbop, Revolve, and even get designer inspired tees at Etsy, (including Gucci, LV and Chanel).
WHY YOU SHOULD HAVE A GRAPHIC TEE IN YOUR WARDROBE:
- Graphic Tees are comfortable – Let’s face it, we all love wearing tee shirts be cause they are simply plain and comfy and graphic tees add a punch of pizzas to an otherwise ordinary tee.
- Graphic Tees are versatile- The possibilities are really endless with graphic tees because you can wear them with jeans and sneakers or dress them up with heels and a dressy skirt.
- Graphic Tees are downright cool- When I put on a graphic tee, I instantly feel cool and edgy and an otherwise boring outfit is kicked up a notch. Plain white tees with simple graphic wording is a subtle way to incorporate this trend but I absolutely love the ‘in your face’ rock and roll tees too!
- Graphic Tees help in a pinch- My graphic tees are the items I grab when I’m just not sure what I want to wear or I’m in a hurry. I know I can put one on and no matter what else I am wearing, look on trend and cool.
- Graphic Tees come in all colors and at all price points- Search “graphic tee” at your favorite retailers and you will see so many options and price points pop up. There is something for every taste and every budget.
SHOP GRAPHIC TEES:
8 WAYS TO WEAR GRAPHIC TEES:
- Wear a graphic tee with a pair of jeans or neutral trousers.
- Wear a graphic tee under a chic blazer and ripped denim.
- Wear a graphic tee with denim shorts and sneakers.
- Wear a graphic tee with a cardigan and jeans.
- Wear a graphic tee with a statement skirt.
- Wear a graphic tee with leather pants.
- Wear a graphic tee with a trench coat and jeans.
- Wear a graphic tee with a leather moto jacket and jeans.
WHAT I’M WEARING:
One of my favorite designers is Anine Bing and she makes the most interesting and unique graphic tees. The price point for her graphic tees ($99) is good because the quality is impeccable and I know her clothing is well made and will last me a long time. Anine Bing graphic tees always sell out quickly so I know if I see one I like, I have to jump on it quickly. I was drawn to this cream graphic tee with golden chains and lettering because it seemed like a luxe summer choice. I believe the words “L’Or Ou Rien Du Tout” translate to “Gold, or nothing at all“.
I’ve paired my tee with these super edgy white Mother jeans that have a high waist, subtle chew marks and a jagged hem. Let’s take a moment to talk about my sandals. These gold woven slides are on sale for 50% off making them only $49.99. They come in silver snake embossed too. GRAB THEM NOW!
What is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
While Nordstrom holds half-yearly sales each spring and fall, the ANNIVERSARY SALE is legendary among Nordstrom customers because they can purchase exciting NEW fall merchandise at discounted prices before it becomes available to the public. I’m talking about major discounts on clothing, beauty and home decor items, including many items you will be able to wear immediately.
Some of the items I like to shop for are wardrobe basics, statement coats/blazers, designer jeans, boots/booties and a new fall pump or sandal.
You can get a preview of some of the items offered by perusing the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Catalog
When is the 2019 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
EARLY ACCESS (Nordstrom Cardholders) will begin on Friday, July 12th (11:30 CST) – Sunday, August 4th. Trust me, you will want to shop this sale early…the good stuff flies off the rack and it is not always restocked.
PUBLIC ACCESS starts on Friday, July 19th – Sunday, August 4th.
How I can help you shop the Anniversary Sale?
I will be gaining early access to this sale and will have a live blog post up on the morning of July 12th to help guide you with my top picks from the anniversary sale. I will probably have 4 blog posts covering this sale during the first two weeks so if there is anything in particular you would like me to cover, or items you specifically want me to look for, please let me know by leaving me a comment.
Remember, prices go back to full price on August 5th, so you snooze, you loose!
~ SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER TO GET ALL THE LATEST ~
~ SHOP MY INSTAGRAM LOOKS AT MY INSTAGRAM SHOP ~
Thank you for stopping by~XOXO